Telephone Scam Alert – Domestic and General!
We have had a report of a Kent resident being called by a company claiming to be a domestic appliance warranty provider ‘Domestic and General’
- You are cold-called by telephone
- The criminal knows your name, address and information on the items covered by the warranty
- If you say that they are not your warranty provider they then attempt to unnerve you by saying they will cancel your policy
What to do
- Hang up
- Call your warranty provider, if you have one, on the number on your paperwork to check if you have concerns
- Find out more on the Domestic and General scam
- More advice and to report to Action Fraud
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.