Making sure development in Swanley meets you and your family’s needs
Since 2018 work has been taking place led by local residents and Swanley Town Council to develop a Neighbourhood Plan.
This will guide the development of land and buildings in the Town, as an addition to Sevenoaks Local Plan which looks at the District as a whole.
We know a lot of local people and organisations are concerned about the future development of the Town.
We are holding events in October 2021 that will:
- Let you know about Neighbourhood Planning and what it can do for the town.
- Share some key information about the town that influences what can be done in the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Bring you up to date on the work we have been doing which is based on what residents told us when we did a survey of views about the future of the town in 2018.
- Ask you what you think of the policies we have prepared so far that will go in the plan to use when planning applications come forward. These policies include protecting our Green Belt and open spaces from building, protecting us from the effects of climate change like flooding and Improving the standards of new homes and protecting spaces for employment.
- Find out if you have other ideas and proposals to include in the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Ask whether you want to join us in developing it further – it is a lot of work!
19th October 2021
|St Paul’s Church, |
School Lane, Swanley Village, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7PW
|2.00 – 4.00pm|
7.00 – 9.00pm.
21st October 2021
|Clocktower Pavilion |
St Mary’s Road, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7BU
| 2.00 – 4.00pm |
7.00 – 9.00pm.
23rd October 2021
|St Mary’s Church, |
London Road, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7AQ
2.00pm – 4.00pm
Please make sure that you come – this will affect you and your family’s future.
Watch out for the door- to door leaflet that will be with all residents soon.
For further information please call – 01322 665855.