We have had reports of fish sellers knocking on doors in the Deal area.
- Someone knocks at your door
- They tell you they have fresh fish to sell
- They use pressure selling tactics and can be aggressive when you refuse
What to do:
- Do not open the door to strangers.
- Do not buy from cold callers.
- You do not know what the fish is as there is no labelling.
There are reports the fish is rotten or poor quality.
If you ask them to leave and they don’t, contact the police on 999.
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.
Please report it to us by calling 0808 223 1133