Please be alert to this scam that is targeting Kent residents by text message.
How it works:
- You receive a text from criminals claiming to be from NatWest bank
- You are told there has been a request to update your mobile telephone contact number
- The criminal asks you to click on a link in the text to update your number
What to do:
- Do not click on the link
- Your bank will never send you a message asking you to click on a link
- Forward any suspicious texts referring to NatWest to the number 88355 (Standard network rates apply)
- Find out how to report a scam on Citizens Advice
- Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.
For advice and to report issues to KCC Trading Standards contact
Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133
Consumer Advice scams action line on 0808 250 5050
Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.