No missed refuse collections this Christmas
Sevenoaks District Council are making sure no one misses a refuse collection this Christmas.
Council staff are working extra days over the festive season to make sure every household’s waste and recycling is collected. In order for this to happen, there will be some changes to collection days.
Most collections will take place a day later or on the same day. The exceptions are collections on Monday 23 December, which are two days earlier on Saturday 21 December, the Christmas Eve collection on Tuesday 24 December, a day earlier on Monday 23 December, and Christmas Day collection on Wednesday 25 December, a day earlier on Tuesday 24 December.
The changes will apply to the Council’s garden waste collection service too.
The full list of changes are as follows:
- Monday 23 December collections will take place on Saturday 21 December
- Tuesday 24 December (Christmas Eve) collections will take place on Monday 23 December
- Wednesday 25 December (Christmas Day) collections will take place on Tuesday 24 December
- Thursday 26 December (Boxing Day) collections will take place on Friday 27 December
- Friday 27 December collections will take place on Saturday 28 December
- Monday 30 December collections will take place as normal
- Tuesday 31 December collections will take place as normal
- Wednesday 1 January collections will take place on Thursday 2 January
- Thursday 2 January collections will take place on Friday 3 January
- Friday 3 January collections will take place on Saturday 4 January
- A normal collection service will resume from Monday 6 January
Bins and sacks need to be placed out at 7am on your revised collection day to help prevent attracting animals and the build-up of litter.
Cabinet Member for ‘Cleaner and Greener’, Cllr Margot McArthur, says: “We are very proud to be one of the only local authorities in the UK to supply a weekly refuse collection and Christmas should be no different!”
Cllr McArthur adds: “Make sure you double check your refuse days over the festive period to avoid missing our collection.”
Residents should visit www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/christmas for more details on the change of collection days.