FULL COUNCIL – Wednesday 6th October 2021

/ / FULL COUNCIL – Wednesday 6th October 2021

MINUTES

Present:

Members Present Apologies Absent
Mayor: Cllr P Darrington   
Deputy Mayor: Cllr L Dyball   
Leader: Cllr M Horwood   
Deputy Leader: Cllr L Ball   
Cllr S Andrews   
Cllr C Barnes   
Cllr J Barnes   
Cllr G Darrington   
Cllr J Domigan   
Cllr M Foster   
Cllr J Griffiths   
Cllr C Lee   
Cllr V Letchford   
Cllr T Searles   
Cllr A Skipper   
Cllr J Tuckfield   

Officers: CEO & Town Clerk – Ryan Hayman
Sales, Marketing and Democratic Manager – Suzie Barnbrook

Public Session: None

11341 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr L Dyball, Cllr J Barnes, Cllr M Foster, Cllr T Searles, Cllr A Skipper.

11342 TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr C Lee, Cllr C Barnes, Cllr J Domigan, Cllr L Ball, Cllr G Darrington, Cllr P Darrington are all members of the Swanley Twinning Association.

11343 MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
To approve as correct the Minutes of the Meetings held on Wednesday 8th September.

APPROVED AND SIGNED
11344 SWANLEY SUNDAY MARKET
Leader of the Council to write formally to Sevenoaks District Council to give our views regarding the proposed extension of Swanley’s market to a Sunday, in addition to the current Wednesday.
A discussion and vote took place and it was agreed that Cllr Michael Horwood will write to Sevenoaks District Council against the plans for a Sunday market.

11345 FINANCIAL REGULATIONS – APPENDIX A
To note the amendments made to the Financial Regulations.
NOTED

11346 GRANT AID APPLICATION – APPENDIX B
To approve grant application received from Swanley Twinning Association.
DEFERRED

11347 ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN – APPENDIX C
To note External Auditor, PKF Littlejohn, has completed their review of the year-end accounts.
NOTED

11348 GRANTS IN
To receive a verbal update from the CEO.
CEO gave update grants received:

  • £150K via Concrete Wave for the Skatepark project.
  • Minor Tree Grant for 150 trees – which will be planted ideally at the back of the Recreation Ground or incorporated into the Westview project.

11349 SWANLEY VILLAGE SPEED LIMIT
To support the introduction of a 20mph zone in the village.
Cllr Michael Horwood to write to Highway Officers and Cllr Roger Gough.

11350 MAYORS COMMUNICATION
To receive such communications as the Town Mayor may desire to lay before the Council (Councillors are reminded that no decision making may take place as a result of this item)
The Mayor Attended Westerham Brewery. The Mayor also had a tour of We Are Beams and was very impressed.

11351 REPORT FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(Councillors are reminded that no decision making may take place as a result of this item)
Cllr G Darrington:

Building Works at Northview and Kettlewell.

Cllr G Darrington has made one resident responsible for any concerns or problems at the Northview site and another resident responsible for concerns or problems at Kettlewell. This helps to streamline the concerns of residents without duplication. A WhatsApp group has been created between all three for this purpose.

Cllr G Darrington was informed by Adam Jenner of West Kent Housing Association that the installation of the long-awaited lighting would take place yesterday.  Unfortunately, due to weather conditions this did not take place until today.  I have had this verified by my resident in Northview that this has happened.  Cllr G Darrington was also informed at the same time that additional fly-tipping had occurred today where the garages used to be, by the side pathway. Cllr G Darrington has reported to the appropriate people and the resident will report to Cllr G Darrington when this has been collected.  
Cllr S Andrews:

Today met with Cllr Roddy Hogarth and showed him around Swanley as he is now Commissioner of the Rails which looks at Community and Open spaces within the District. We looked at:

Harringtons Nurseries

Footpaths that goes from Five Wents Memorial Hall that goes all the way to Swanley

The new retirement developments Churchill and The Woodlands.

We also looked at a number of Community spaces and playparks which were playparks but the one at Greenside had so much there but it’s now a rough piece of grass. Majority of all our other parks are all in a bad condition. Cllr Hogarth is very supportive of this and has suggested we write to Sarah Robson to ask if there are funds we can use to get these areas up to scratch and in better use.

Cllr M Horwood wanted to make clear that the parks we look after Elephant Park and Swanley Park are in much better condition. Cllr Horwood will be raising this with Peter and Pav.

EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
It is recommended that under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 12(A) of the Act, and the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.

11352 HEALTH HUB – APPENDIX D
To approve CEO’s recommendations as set out in the report.

APPROVED – Cllrs thanked the CEO on a comprehensive report. The recommendations outlined in the report where debated at length.

11353 LICENCE TO OCCUPY CIVIC CENTRE – APPENDIX E
To approve the renewal of the Licence to Occupy.
APPROVED

11354 LICENCE TO OCCUPY THE OLYMPIC – APPENDIX F
To approve the renewal of the Licence to Occupy.
APPROVED

Date of next meeting – Wednesday 3rd November 2021

Meeting Closed: 20:46