We have had reports of these scammers targeting Canterbury residents.
- You receive a text purporting to be from your local council.
- You are told the council wants to give you a refund due to the COVID19 pandemic.
- You are told to click on the link in the message.
What to do
- Do not click on any links
- This is not a genuine message
- The scammers want to steal your financial or personal information
- Report to a Citizens Advice Scams Action adviser by calling 0808 250 5050
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.
Please report it to us by calling 0808 223 1133